The Nvidia Defect Forum

The UK's Only Dedicated Forum For Owners Of Laptops Crippled With The Nvidia Defect.

Defective Nvidia GPU? - HP Nvidia Defect? Blank Screen problems? Laptop Display Problems?
Laptop hot/overheating? - Laptop can't detect wireless card?

Do you own a laptop with the same/similar problems? Don't worry - we can help!

Get all the free advice and assistance you need to secure a refund/replacement for
laptops with inherently defective Nvidia GPU's here at the Nvidia Defect Forum.

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Bookmark and Share

Click here to view the CEO of Nvidia admit to the defect in their GPU's.

The truth cannot stay buried forever!

Click here to instantly calculate the minimum refund you would be entitled to.

*NEW* Help For Retailers - Does The Customer Have Rights?

Note to Manufacturers And Retailers - The Truth Will Set You Free!

Ucan Reuse IT - www.ucanreuseit.co.uk

{ VISITS } Views: 7963  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 2 
Followers: G188ONS, jhebus
 Post subject: tx2130ea
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:02 pm 

Laptop Make: HP
Model: tx2130ea
Graphics Card: 6150 GO
Purchased From: Website Sale
Amount Paid: 700
Date Purchased: 08 Jul 2008
Date Failed: 20 May 2010
I have a HP tx2130ea which I’ve had nearly two years now, and it’s still running just, and as I have been reading on here doesn’t sound like it will last much longer. I had an issue with the tablet device since just after the warranty ran out :cry: It seemed to have developed a ghost in the right bottom corner I remember thinking at the time that it does get quite hot so I wondered if that could have anything to do with it. In the end I just decided to disable the tablet software and use it as a normal laptop. Until recently this worked fine however it has now started to turn itself off. Once again I had a feeling it was down to the heat it was creating as it had always been a hot laptop however now it seems the fan is just on constantly whereas it use to turn itself down every so often. I though id check the temp of the chips and was a bit surprised of the result. The GPU idles at anything between 85-95 and under load I’ve recorded 106 :shock: so I though id Google this and seem if anyone else had the same problem and :o well this site is what I found, not only a common fault but I can actually try and claim money back from Tesco :D haha this is intriguing. So after reading post after post on here trying to find out other people experiences I rang Tesco direct helpline yesterday. I was almost laughing when I was told "I'm sorry sir but your warranty had already expired" which was followed by well I think U’ll find that it is irrelevant as the fault is believed to be inherent from manufacture and so I actually have six year to claim the cost back from the retailer :P ... to which there was a errrerrr ok sir ill just put you on hold a moment :lol: After a minute another person came on and asked me to re-explain the fault he eventually came to the words I expected to hear "Ok I need to send you and Out of Warranty Claim form".
I am now awaiting the form which should be here in the next few days...

Thank you to the owner of this site it is an excellent resource of information :) , I would have never dreamt I would be able to claim money back for a laptop I've have had for two years.

I’ll keep you posted on my results.
Tom

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: tx2130ea
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:06 am 
Site Admin

Graphics Card: 8600M GS
Purchased From: High Street Store
Amount Paid: 0
Hello Tom and welcome to our forum.

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having with Tesco.

Be prepared for Tesco to make you a low offer in the first instance. They really do live up to their motto when they say "every little helps" as they do only offer a little to start.

You will have to push them to increase your refund. If they refuse to comply and the amount that they are offering is below what you would be awarded if you sued them in the small claims courts, then you should point this out to them and also the fact of how much more it will cost the when you go to court and win.

If you get stuck or if you need any help or advice then please let me know.

Good luck and best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:06 pm 

Model: tx2130ea
Amount Paid: 700
Date Purchased: 08 Jul 2008
Date Failed: 20 May 2010
Well I finally got a response from Tesco a few days ago and they have made a gesture of goodwill of £280.

Working it out quickly I recon it should be worth somewhere in the region of 400 now
(700/60months) * (60-23 working months) = 431

However my thinking at the moment is this is a reasonable offer considering that my laptop is still working, although way to hot meaning its days are limited and it is no longer a tablet which is what I originally purchased.

Also at the time of purchase I worked for Tesco so I actually only paid 630 not 700.

Do you think this is a fair amount without going down the route of sending letter back and forth and getting an engineer’s report, and would I really get much more from Tesco without taking them to small claims? Having read the post about the delay in the courts I don't really see that as an option.

Thanks
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:10 pm 

Model: G6000
Amount Paid: 399
Date Purchased: 01 Mar 2007
Date Failed: 25 Sep 2009
Tom

First things first - you should base all calculations on the actual price you paid rather than the retail price. This means that the residual value in your laptop is actually £388.50 - just under £110 more than you are being offered.

Have they said that they'll let you keep the old laptop or will you have to return it?

If you get to keep it then I would accept the £280. If you don't then I wouldn't.

Have you got anything in writing from them stating that they accept that there's an inherent fault or that they agree the cause of the fault? If so then I don't see any need for you to get an independent report.

Basically, to use a bit of legalese, it would be that causation was agreed but quantum wasn't. i.e.- you would only be going to court to decide the amount to be paid.

Personally, I would go back to them asking for them to show how their figire is calculated & show them the calculations that come to the £388.50

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Tom,

To be really honest I think that their offer is a little on the low side.

I would expect Tesco to up their offer by about £100 in order for it to be fair.

You may be able to keep the old laptop but in my opinion the cash refund is more important.

Like Ciderboy says, I would go back to them and ask how they have calculated your refund and see if there is any way for an increase in their offer.

Good luck and best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:58 pm 

Model: TX2130ea
Amount Paid: 699
Date Purchased: 05 Aug 2008
Date Failed: 04 Jan 2010
Hi,

I was in the same position as you and they offered me the same value, even though mine was only 13 months old. However, mine was totally dead, but managed to sell it to somebody for spares for £350, so all in all I only lost £70. Obviously it's up to you, but if you could do something similar, you may even get more since yours is still working, you could really minimize your loss.

Since yours is considerably older than mine, I wonder how they work out their offers, it appears that usage has no influence :S

Just out of curiosity, did they acknowledge that anybody else had complained?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 am 

Model: Pavilion tx2130ea
Amount Paid: 617
Date Purchased: 27 May 2008
Date Failed: 20 Jun 2010
Hi there,

So i think that i have a similar issue but am a little unsure. I have an HP Pavilion tx 2130ea that died last year. I have checked the hp lists on the site, but the laptop is not on them. The gpu is had was the Nvidia GeForce 6150. Does this make it qualify as a defective product?

I bought it from Play.com, does it have to be Tesco that you make a claim from?

Before it died the wireless card was not recognised, i replaced it but it still didn't work. The laptop in general did run really quite hot and the fan was always on.

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Jhebus and welcome to our forum.

Sorry to hear that your laptop has failed.

Your laptop contains an Nvidia 6150, GPU Revision NF-G6150-N-A2.

I have seen numerous failures in your model of laptop and other models containing this GPU.

If you purchased from Play.com then it is Play.com that you make a claim from and not Tesco.

The failed wireless is one of the manifestations of the defect so it sounds like your laptop could indeed have the defect.

It is irrelevant that your laptop is not on HP's list. There is a swathe of laptops that are all failing yet are not on their list.

You have stated that the laptop has now died. How has the laptop failed?

Please let me know what the current status of the laptop is when you switch it on and I will advise further.

Any questions please let me know.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:57 pm 

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

When i say failed, i can charge and turn it on, but the hard disk does not spin up and the screen stays black and i am unable to do anything, not even to the bios.

Thanks lots,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm 

Hi Paul,

Also, would you be able to point me exactly at the relevant section of the Sale of Good Act: specifically the section that states i have 5 years (i'm in in Scotland).

Thanks,