The Nvidia Defect Forum

The UK's Only Dedicated Forum For Owners Of Laptops Crippled With The Nvidia Defect.

Defective Nvidia GPU? - HP Nvidia Defect? Blank Screen problems? Laptop Display Problems?
Laptop hot/overheating? - Laptop can't detect wireless card?

Do you own a laptop with the same/similar problems? Don't worry - we can help!

Get all the free advice and assistance you need to secure a refund/replacement for
laptops with inherently defective Nvidia GPU's here at the Nvidia Defect Forum.

It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC

Bookmark and Share

Click here to view the CEO of Nvidia admit to the defect in their GPU's.

The truth cannot stay buried forever!

Click here to instantly calculate the minimum refund you would be entitled to.

*NEW* Help For Retailers - Does The Customer Have Rights?

Note to Manufacturers And Retailers - The Truth Will Set You Free!

Ucan Reuse IT - www.ucanreuseit.co.uk

{ VISITS } Views: 4969  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 0 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:19 am 

Laptop Make: HP
Model: G6062
Graphics Card: 8600M GS
Purchased From: Direct From Manufacturer
Amount Paid: 303
Date Purchased: 01 Nov 2008
Date Failed: 22 Jul 2011
Hi everyone,

My experience so far having bought a Notebook from HP Direct

28/10/2008 Bought a HP G6062EA for my daughters Christmas present which she got on 25 December 2008 and has been using for her coursework at school.

22/07/2011 - Notebook appears to die and wont boot (just goes into an attempt to cycle up for about 2 seconds and sits in this loop until i pull the battery)

Find this excellent site and i believe it to be an Nvidia fault (has a Geforce Go7000 GPU in it)

Contacted HP Direct over the phone and told out of warranty.

Following the advice here sent a complaint letter and have just spoken to them again and they tell me the Notebook was not on the recall list so they are not offering anything in the form of refund/replacement.

Bit stuck on what to do next, any advice?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 am 

Model: G6000
Purchased From: High Street Store
Amount Paid: 399
Date Purchased: 01 Mar 2007
Date Failed: 25 Sep 2009
Have you told them that you consider it to be an inherent defect and therefore in breach of the Sale of Goods Act?

If you have then I would suggest sending them a formal 'letter before action'. If that doesn't get a response then it's time to get an engineers report.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:16 pm 

yes, i've done that already using the template on this forum, they didnt reply & i rang them today & they told me that there was nothing they could do

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Amount Paid: 0
Hello Martin572 and welcome to our forum.

Sorry to hear that your laptop has failed.

Take absolutely no notice whatsoever when HP tell you that your laptop is not on their recall list as their wholly inadequate list is completely irrelevant.

If you can provide proof that your laptop is inherently defective then you can pursue HP for a resolution.

As HP have already refuted your claim and have also stated that "there is nothing they can do" (how many times have I heard that before) you shoiuld niow proceed to obtain an engineers report.

You should then send HP a copy of the report along with a final letter before action. If they refuse to capitulate then you should sue them. If your laptop is indeed inherently defective then you really cannot lose.

If you would like us to provide you with an engineers report then please let me know.

If you have any questions or need any advice then please do not hesitate to ask.

Good luck and best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:18 pm 

Thanks for the warm welcome, The laptop is with a friend of mine who runs a computer business with a full BGA station and is looking at it already, hes done thousands of laptops (HP,DELL etc.) all with this Nvidia fault, infact he fixed my last laptop (DELL XPS M1210) with the GO 7400 and that was the same problem, if only i had known prior to having that repaired.

Will keep you updated but thanks for the valuable info that your site provides!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:24 pm 

Right, no response to the 7 day letter so contacted them and they told me there was nothing they could do.

I now have an engineers report and have sent a copy with this letter
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Complaints
PO Box 482
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
NE9 9BN

Laptop Make:Hewlett Packard
Laptop Model: G6062EA
Store Purchased:HP Direct
Date Of Purchase: 28/10/2008
Price Paid:£303.99
Date failed:22/07/2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Further to my previous letter, I now enclose a copy of the engineers report/invoice detailing a quotation for repair.

Given the shocking level of support from Hewlett Packard, I now wish to receive either a full refund or cost of repair/engineers report plus costs that I have incurred already in phone calls/letters.

I will give you 7 days from the date of this letter to provide a satisfactory response.

After that time I will issue Court proceedings along with the wealth of evidence that I have identifying that the Item that was sold to me was inherently defective at the time of manufacture, along with the detailed documentation that I have in relation to Faulty Nvidia GPU’s, Actual Customers that have been refunded and also stated cases that have been heard in UK courts already.

Should you choose not to resolve this amicably, I will gladly pay for the engineer who examined my Laptop to attend court with his accreditation and detailed analysis (with Hi-Res photographs) of the GPU BGA for presentation. This cost will also be claimed for (he has informed me that the cost would be appx £250 for his time dependant on the time spent away from work)

I would also like to point out that on the last telephone call that I made to Hewlett Packard, I was told that a confirmation letter would be sent to me detailing Hewlett Packards position on this matter. I find it unsurprising that this letter has not yet arrived at my door.

To sum up, I wish a full refund of £303.99 for the Laptop or a total amount of £195.00 for the engineers report/repair of the Laptop and existing expenses so far.

I Await your comments

Yours faithfully

xxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Martin,

An excellent letter which will surely prompt a response.

As a matter of interest, you stated that your engineer has high-res images of the BGA grid. Is that right?

The only real way to see the BGA grid is with an electron microscope. Unless the GPU was removed and then photographed.

I am intrigued. Does your engineer have an electron microscope or did he remove the GPU first?

In any event, I am sure that this wil be settled before it gets as far as court.

Fingers crossed for you. :x

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:30 am 

Model: dv7-3105EA
Purchased From: Website Sale
Amount Paid: 882
Date Purchased: 07 May 2010
Date Failed: 01 Oct 2011
Hi Martin,
Has your problem been resolved?

I am facing a similar problem. 8 months into purchase of my dv7-3105EA the motherboard and disks fail. Since I had the 12 month warranty they replaced it.

Now months out of warranty the motherboard has frozen up again. 2 seconds into the boot cycle the laptop freezes and nothing else happens.

We could try getting people with similar problems to get in touch with us and then tell HP that 1.5 years life of a laptop for which we paid close 1000 pounds is just not fair.

My Inspiron DEL 1100 has lasted more than 9 years and still works! 1.5 years in comparision for the latest top of the laptops range is absurd to say the least.

I'll stop my rant and await responses.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Hpdv73105ea and welcome to our forum.

Sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing with your laptop.

Your laptop contains an Nvidia GT230 GPU and whilst this is not one of the more prolific of the defective GPU's the problem could in fact be related to the underlying BGA grid (if this is indeed a hardware problem).

When you say that the laptop freezes is there a display on the screen?

Does the laptop boot into safe mode?

Have you tried performing a system restore to see if this resolves the issue?

Has the laptop been running particularly hot recently?

Who did you purchase the laptop from and how did you pay?

Please let me know and I will advise further.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence