The Nvidia Defect Forum

The UK's Only Dedicated Forum For Owners Of Laptops Crippled With The Nvidia Defect.

Defective Nvidia GPU? - HP Nvidia Defect? Blank Screen problems? Laptop Display Problems?
Laptop hot/overheating? - Laptop can't detect wireless card?

Do you own a laptop with the same/similar problems? Don't worry - we can help!

Get all the free advice and assistance you need to secure a refund/replacement for
laptops with inherently defective Nvidia GPU's here at the Nvidia Defect Forum.

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:50 am

All times are UTC

Bookmark and Share

Click here to view the CEO of Nvidia admit to the defect in their GPU's.

The truth cannot stay buried forever!

Click here to instantly calculate the minimum refund you would be entitled to.

*NEW* Help For Retailers - Does The Customer Have Rights?

Note to Manufacturers And Retailers - The Truth Will Set You Free!

Ucan Reuse IT - www.ucanreuseit.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
{ VISITS } Views: 53250  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 6 
Followers: fryball, dpmaslak, Sheehan, G188ONS, Rory, anne
 Post subject: Re: TESCO
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:33 pm 

Laptop Make: Sony
Model: VGN-NR38S
Graphics Card: 8400M GS
Purchased From: High Street Store
Amount Paid: 429
Date Purchased: 28 Dec 2008
Date Failed: 02 Aug 2012
Hi Paul,
Just a couple of questions, firstly in the before action letter where it says amount / replacement should i put the full price i paid for my laptop ? i would also be happy with a replacement. Secondly should i return the £45 money card they insulted me with :shock:
Thanks for the excellent engineers report and the excellent service you have provided. Sorry just one more question should i send the Paypal receipt to Tesco or will you provide your own receipt with the return of my laptop which i should send.
Thanks again kind regards Brett.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Graphics Card: 8600M GS
Amount Paid: 0
Hello Brett,

Please find below the answers to your questions.

Brett wrote:
...firstly in the before action letter where it says amount / replacement should i put the full price i paid for my laptop ? i would also be happy with a replacement.

If you would like a replacement then you should put that in the letter. Otherwise you would put the amount you are seeking.

If you would prefer a cash refund then as your model is not one of those that Sony have publicly admitted is inherently defective then I would advise that you enter the pro-rated refund amount. In order to calculate what this figure would be please take a look here:- www.nvidiadefect.com/calc

Brett wrote:
Secondly should i return the £45 money card they insulted me with

Yes, I would send that back with the letter before action and report and I would reference that you are returning this in the letter.

Brett wrote:
Thanks for the excellent engineers report and the excellent service you have provided.

My pleasure - I am glad you are happy. Thank you for your custom.

Brett wrote:
Sorry just one more question should i send the Paypal receipt to Tesco or will you provide your own receipt with the return of my laptop which i should send.

There will be three copies of the receipt along with three copies of the report when you get the laptop back so I would send one of the formal receipts rather than the Paypal one.

I hope the above helps.

I will email you shortly to arrange the return of your laptop.

Any questions please let me know.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:46 pm 

Hi all,
Sent the final Before Action letter along with the Engineers report and the receipt for the report, and today had Tesco's reply :b All they had to say was that after reading and considering all the past correspondents they believe they have been fair in dealing with this complaint, no mention of the engineers report !
I may have made an error in stating in my letter i would like a refund or replacement laptop but i presumed they might have just made a revised offer of compensation, instead they stated they could not meet my request :cry: The rest of the letter is made up of the usual - Sorry you feel it necessary to pursue this matter through the legal system - Regret that i remain dissatisfied - Sorry for any disappointment this decision has caused - and then wish me all the best for the future. :@
Well now its time to prepare my case for the small claims court, more of my time !! and to add insult to injury if the case is heard before the 1st January i will need a day off work and as i have no holiday entitlement left that means loosing a days pay :j
Well wish me luck and thanks for all your support.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Brett,

Quote:
All they had to say was that after reading and considering all the past correspondents they believe they have been fair in dealing with this complaint,

Really? - and quite how do they think they have been "fair" when all they offered you was a £45 voucher?

Are they living on the same planet as you and I?

Quote:
The rest of the letter is made up of the usual - Sorry you feel it necessary to pursue this matter through the legal system - Regret that i remain dissatisfied - Sorry for any disappointment this decision has caused - and then wish me all the best for the future.

Absolutely disgusting customer service.

Considering the fact that Tesco announced that they had made £3.8 billion profit in the year to February 2012 the very least they can do is to treat the very customers that had helped them make such profit with a little more respect.

It really riles me that companies like Tesco can treat their customers with such disregard despite the fact that they have an absolute duty in law to resolve this.

Quote:
Well now its time to prepare my case for the small claims court, more of my time !! and to add insult to injury if the case is heard before the 1st January i will need a day off work and as i have no holiday entitlement left that means loosing a days pay

Don''t worry about loosing a days pay as this is fully recoverable as part of your claim. This is known as a consequential loss so you should calculate how much a days's pay is worth and then add that amount to your claim.

Don't let Tesco get away with fobbing you off as this. it would appear, is precisely what they want you to do.

Stand your ground and file your claim and sue them as the proof that your laptop is overwhelmingly clear.

As is documented in your report the GPU that is incorporated in your laptop is also present in the following laptops:-

Quote:
Sony VGN-AR51M
Sony VGN-AR61M
Sony VGN-AR71J
Sony VGN-FZ11M
Sony VGN-FZ11Z
Sony VGN-FZ21E
Sony VGN-FZ21M
Sony VGN-FZ38M

Sony VGN-NR21S
Sony VGN-NR21Z
Sony VGN-NR32S
Sony VGN-NR32Z
Sony VGN-NR38S

All the above laptops that are highlighted in red have been acknowledged by Sony as being inherently defective.

What surprises me is that they all contain exactly the same GPU and all the GPU's were manufactured around the same time so quite why Sony have admitted that some are defective and others are not is quite beyond me. Especially when you consider the fact that they are all failing in exactly the same way.

Tesco cannot simply fob you off in this way and it would seem that the only way to secure your rights in law is to sue them.

If that is what they want then so be it.

I will help you all the way so you will not be alone in this.

As I have stated in the past, persistence really is the key to success.

If you have any questions or if you need any advice then please let me know.

Good luck and best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 pm 

Hi Paul,
Claim filed now to wait and see what happens :x Thanks again and i will update you as soon as i hear something (or need some help) Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 pm 

Model: vgn-nr38s
Graphics Card: Unknown
Amount Paid: 399
Date Purchased: 01 Apr 2009
Date Failed: 07 Sep 2012
Hi Brett,
My Sony VGN-NR38S, which until Friday night I praised as having been an excellent purchase, crashed reporting Nvidia graphic card failure. Until Friday I was unaware of this fatal problem and only just gotten internet access (on a borrowed work laptop) I quickly came across this form and was feeling optimistic at getting something back, which I hadn't thought would be possible (purchase Apr09) until I got to your recent posts. I too purchased from Tesco and will be calling tomorrow to get the ball rolling and let them add another Sony VGN-NR38S to their database!!!

Thanks Paul for all your post and advice, I don't normally sign up to forums however I realise as a collective we are stronger and its only fair to contribute.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Anne and welcome to my forum.

Sorry to hear that your laptop has failed.

I am really pleased that you have found my forum and that I will be able to help you reach a positive resolution.

If you need any help along the way then please do not hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Thanks Paul for all your post and advice

You are more than welcome Anne.

Quote:
I don't normally sign up to forums however I realise as a collective we are stronger and its only fair to contribute.

You are totally correct.

The people united will never be defeated.

Good luck and best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm 

Hi all,
Just a quick update, Tesco have now acknowledged the court action i have filed against them and are intending to contest the whole claim :evil: now waiting for them to submit there defense which should make interesting reading !! but it looks as if they are going to take it right to the end.
Hi Anne sorry your Sony has also failed, if you intend to pursue Tesco for compensation i hope you have better luck than i have!! but keep going as there intention is for you to give up !! But when all is said and done you must do what is best for you.
Well that's all for now and i will post an update when i have more news.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Brett,

Well it is a real shame that it has come to this.

Please let me know when you receive Tesco's defence and I will advise further.

Fingers crossed for you. :x

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:50 pm 

Hi all,
I recently sent a letter to Tesco offering them a final chance to settle my claim before it reached court. This was for the calculated refund amount for the laptop and 50% of my costs this totalled £229.33 more than fair i think !! and to my surprise they agreed and i received my cheque today :! plus i still have my laptop to sell for spares or repair.
I must say a huge thanks to Paul and his excellent website for all the help and support ( couldn't have done it without him ) and my advice for anyone in the same position is keep plugging away and you will triumph in the end. :!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next