The Nvidia Defect Forum

The UK's Only Dedicated Forum For Owners Of Laptops Crippled With The Nvidia Defect.

Defective Nvidia GPU? - HP Nvidia Defect? Blank Screen problems? Laptop Display Problems?
Laptop hot/overheating? - Laptop can't detect wireless card?

Do you own a laptop with the same/similar problems? Don't worry - we can help!

Get all the free advice and assistance you need to secure a refund/replacement for
laptops with inherently defective Nvidia GPU's here at the Nvidia Defect Forum.

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC

Bookmark and Share

Click here to view the CEO of Nvidia admit to the defect in their GPU's.

The truth cannot stay buried forever!

Click here to instantly calculate the minimum refund you would be entitled to.

*NEW* Help For Retailers - Does The Customer Have Rights?

Note to Manufacturers And Retailers - The Truth Will Set You Free!

Ucan Reuse IT - www.ucanreuseit.co.uk

{ VISITS } Views: 2290  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 0 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm 

Laptop Make: HP
Model: 6735s
Amount Paid: 0
Bought my HP 6735s from EBUYER on 03/03/2009.
The graphics card failed and I stumbled upon the post by phil987 "HP 6735s success story - thank you Lapcure!" hp-6735s-success-story-thank-you-lapcure-t2202.html

Thought, "great, that seems straight forward".

Cut and pasted phil987 eNote text and sent my own eNote with my order details.

Got the following reply from EBUYER:

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Team.

After looking into your query I can confirm that we are more than happy to help with the problem you are having with your laptop.

I would firstly recommend contacting HP who may be able to offer further advise and repairs for the faulty laptop.

You can contact HP on the following:
0845 161 0030
Or by visiting
http://uk.hp.com

If you have any further queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind Regards,

Rikki

Well, gee, thanks Rikki. How did phil987 get a nice easy route to a repair?

Anyway, phoned HP on the number above. They tell me the laptop is out of warranty. I told them the laptop has a manufacturing fault that's well documented on the internet and they now tell me I have to wait for their supervisor to phone me sometime in the future.

Had I got the simple reply from Rikki that phil987 got, I was planning on using the refunded money to purchase another laptop from EBUYER as their service was so good. Don't think I'll bother now I have to jump through hoops.

Who is responsible for compensating me, EBUYER or HP?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Graphics Card: 8600M GS
Purchased From: High Street Store
Hello TrevH and welcome to my forum.

It really angers me when retailers try to fob their customers off to the manufacturers when they should know full well that they, the retailer, are the only ones responsible for resolving the situation.

Ebuyer wrote:
I would firstly recommend contacting HP who may be able to offer further advise and repairs for the faulty laptop.

Your laptop is not "faulty" in the truest sense of the word but rather it is inherently defective and that makes a big difference.

I would get back in touch with Ebuyer and would tell them that they alone are responsible for resolving the problem and that they should desist from fobbing you off to the manufacturer. I would also inform them that it is an offence for a company to try and reduce or remove your Consumer Rights or your rights under the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 (as amended).

Also, their statement that you have to ".....wait for their supervisor to phone me sometime in the future" is simply not good enough.

The Sale Of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states, quite clearly, that any offer of a resolution should not cause undue inconvenience. The last thing that you want is to be waiting around for days or even weeks until they decide to call you.

You should contact them and should tell them that either they expedite matters and offer to inspect your laptop with a view to offering a resolution or you will go ahead and obtain your own engineers report.

That should put the rocket up them that they need.

Stand your ground and be persistent and, most importantly, don't let them try and fob you off and you will be successful.

Ebuyer have refunded many, many owners of your model of laptop so it is not like they are unaware of this problem.

I hope the above helps.

Any questions please let me know.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm 

Thank you very much for the info Paul. I will reply to Ebuyers email straight away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 pm 

Paul, you're a star.
I followed your advice. It actually took weeks and weeks to get it sorted, but finally got some compensation.

Thanks you very much.
Trev