The Nvidia Defect Forum

The UK's Only Dedicated Forum For Owners Of Laptops Crippled With The Nvidia Defect.

Defective Nvidia GPU? - HP Nvidia Defect? Blank Screen problems? Laptop Display Problems?
Laptop hot/overheating? - Laptop can't detect wireless card?

Do you own a laptop with the same/similar problems? Don't worry - we can help!

Get all the free advice and assistance you need to secure a refund/replacement for
laptops with inherently defective Nvidia GPU's here at the Nvidia Defect Forum.

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC

Bookmark and Share

Click here to view the CEO of Nvidia admit to the defect in their GPU's.

The truth cannot stay buried forever!

Click here to instantly calculate the minimum refund you would be entitled to.

*NEW* Help For Retailers - Does The Customer Have Rights?

Note to Manufacturers And Retailers - The Truth Will Set You Free!

Ucan Reuse IT - www.ucanreuseit.co.uk

{ VISITS } Views: 7895  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 1 
Followers: AttiffdoT
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Graphics Card: 8600M GS
Purchased From: High Street Store
Amount Paid: 0
Hello,

You will be aware that Comet are on the brink of going into Administration next week and that is not good news for those who are pursuing a claim for the defective laptops that they sold.

I have been told, though I am awaiting confirmation of this, that anyone who currently has a claim against Comet will now not be able to claim.

Comet have never been the flavour of the month in my book and the way that they have treated some of their customers is nothing short of appalling.

I would say good riddance to them but that would be unfair to the some of the decent members of staff that they employed who will now be out of a job.

The way that Comet set about defending some of the many claims against them was, in my opinion, absolutely scandalous and amounted to nothing more than an exercise in trying to discredit and undermine me and my company.

This will be good news for the likes of Currys et al who will pick up the business that Comet have lost and I am sure that customers will now receive a much better after sales service.

If you did purchase from Comet and paid by credit card then there is still a very good chance of a resolution as you will be able to claim a Section 75 refund from the credit card company so all is not lost.

I would like to say it is a shame they are almost out of business but I really can't.

If anyone has an outstanding claim with Comet then please let me know and I will advise further.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 am 

Laptop Make: HP
Model: DV6331EU
Graphics Card: 7200 GO
Amount Paid: 599
Date Purchased: 15 Jul 2007
Date Failed: 01 Mar 2009
I'm glad I got my claim sorted in April, Comet are not even going to honor recent orders or gift cards;

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... rs-1415713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Craig,

You were very lucky to have got your claim resolved. There are many now who will not be so lucky.

Comet and their Administrators should hang their collective heads in shame for the way that customers are currently being treated.

I read today of a young lad with cerebral palsy who had been given a £500 gift voucher to spend in Comet to purchase a laptop.

He and his mother turned up at a store to spend the voucher only to be turned away because they are no longer accepting them.

The mother pleaded with the store manager pointing out that Comet had already had the money but this fell on deaf ears.

Comet have stated that this is only a temporary measure but in my opinion I think that those gift vouchers will no longer be honoured.

Not that I would ever advocate anything illegal but believe me, if I had a Comet voucher and they tried to do the same to me I would pick goods to the value (and not a penny more) and would place the voucher on the counter and would walk out of the store.

It cannot be classed as theft if the goods have already been paid for irrespective of the fact that they have chosen to suspend those vouchers. They have had the money and that is that!

Who wants to stand in line behind the other creditors of the company and then receive a paltry 10p in the £1 (if you are lucky)?

I have also heard stories of customers who have had the wrong goods delivered and have been told that there is nothing that can be done - even though the goods that were delivered were of a lesser value than the goods that were purchased. Those customers were also point blank refused a refund of the difference in price.

I would urge anyone purchasing from the forthcoming fire sale to pay on credit card. Even if you only pay a minimum of £100 on the card and pay the rest in cash the full purchase price will be covered should anything go wrong.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:39 pm 

I heard the "fire" sale was just a myth? Although the report on the news was a bit confusing as the guy they interviewed said he had gone in to have a look around and it was like a swarm of locusts had been in there before him. Or perhaps that was just the people from the receivers!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Craig,

I don't think the fire sale has started just yet. I think that customer should hang fire and wait for the inevitable sale to start. After all, why should you pay more than what you have to?

Craig wrote:
......the guy they interviewed said he had gone in to have a look around and it was like a swarm of locusts had been in there before him.

Or could it be the sales staff desperately trying to sell their wares?

Or perhaps you are right and it was just the Receivers. :D

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:19 pm 

Lapcure wrote:
Hello Craig,
Or could it be the sales staff desperately trying to sell their wares?

Lol, more than likely. I think I might take a little trip to Comet tomorrow..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 pm 

Well I went to the Comet "MASSIVE" sale at the store on Anglia Retail Park in Ipswich today and what a "MASSIVE" disappointment it was!

Most of the items are only reduced by 10% including most tablets, laptops and PC's. Home Cinema systems and some other electrical accessories are 20% off. Some of the other things have 25% off. To be honest, you can still buy most of it cheaper online. It's not even worth getting a Nexus 7 tablet, as they only have the 16gb in stock and all they have done is reduce the original sale price by 10%! As google already reduced the price due to the launch of the 32gb it is cheaper to buy it somewhere else!

There were plenty of cars outside and people going in, but not many people were buying. So, don't expect any bargains. I think they will start to sell things off very cheap towards the end, however there is talk of stores closing next week!

Alot of other people are not impressed with the sale; http://news.sky.com/story/1008684/collapsed-comet-massive-sale-slated-online

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm 

Well I went to the Comet "MASSIVE" sale at the store on Anglia Retail Park in Ipswich today and what a "MASSIVE" disappointment it was!

Most of the items are only reduced by 10% including most tablets, laptops and PC's. Home Cinema systems and some other electrical accessories are 20% off. Some of the other things have 25% off. To be honest, you can still buy most of it cheaper online. It's not even worth getting a Nexus 7 tablet, as they only have the 16gb in stock and all they have done is reduce the original sale price by 10%! As google already reduced the price due to the launch of the 32gb it is cheaper to buy it somewhere else!

There were plenty of cars outside and people going in, but not many people were buying. So, don't expect any bargains. I think they will start to sell things off very cheap towards the end, however there is talk of stores closing next week!

Alot of other people are not impressed with the sale; http://news.sky.com/story/1008684/collapsed-comet-massive-sale-slated-online

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Craig,

The "sale" is a joke and you would be better off waiting a little longer until they are more desperate to offload their stock and would purchase at that point.

The only "massive" thing will most probably be the amount of debt that will be created.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Links to evidence