The Nvidia Defect Forum

The UK's Only Dedicated Forum For Owners Of Laptops Crippled With The Nvidia Defect.

Defective Nvidia GPU? - HP Nvidia Defect? Blank Screen problems? Laptop Display Problems?
Laptop hot/overheating? - Laptop can't detect wireless card?

Do you own a laptop with the same/similar problems? Don't worry - we can help!

Get all the free advice and assistance you need to secure a refund/replacement for
laptops with inherently defective Nvidia GPU's here at the Nvidia Defect Forum.

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:06 am

All times are UTC

Bookmark and Share

Click here to view the CEO of Nvidia admit to the defect in their GPU's.

The truth cannot stay buried forever!

Click here to instantly calculate the minimum refund you would be entitled to.

*NEW* Help For Retailers - Does The Customer Have Rights?

Note to Manufacturers And Retailers - The Truth Will Set You Free!

Ucan Reuse IT - www.ucanreuseit.co.uk

{ VISITS } Views: 2752  Favorites Favorites: 0  Followers Followers: 0 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:10 pm 

Laptop Make: Dell
Model: XPS M1530
Graphics Card: 8400M GS
Purchased From: Direct From Manufacturer
Amount Paid: 1000
Date Purchased: 28 May 2008
Date Failed: 10 Nov 2011
Hi,
Thank you for the wonderful forum to know that my laptop is a defective from the manufacturer.
I purchased the Dell XPS M1530 laptop from dell online store in May 2008. Now I am facing problem with NVIDIA gpu.

Shall I apply for refund or replacement for my laptop. I am not sure the time frame to file a case against a manufacturer according to Consumer Act in INDIA (I came to know, its 5 years in UK).

Can any one please give me the detailed steps to approach the Dell Customer care so that they opt for a replacement or a refund.

Thank you,
Rajasekhar.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Graphics Card: 8600M GS
Purchased From: High Street Store
Amount Paid: 0
Hello Rajasekhar and welcome to our forum.

Sorry to hear that your laptop has failed.

The difficulty is that the law is very different in your country than it is here in the UK.

Here we have the protection of the Sale Of Goods Act whereas there is no such Act in India.

Because of this it can be difficult to legally pursue a retailer as the law may not allow it.

I would recommend that you seek some free legal advice in your country to see if there are any laws that would enable to you pursue Dell.

You can of course phone Dell to try and obtain a resolution but it is my bet that they will state that your laptop is out of warranty and that there is nothing they can do. They will then probably state that the repair will be chargeable.

It is at this point that one would state that we are protected by the Limitations Act and the Sale Of Goods Act but in India this does not apply so what you would do next depends on what the laws allow.

I am sorry that I cannot give you more definitive help regarding your claim.

As I said, please seek some legal advice and the please pop back here and let me know how you get on. It may just help others in your country who are in the same position as you.

I hope the above helps.

Best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 am 

Laptop Make: Dell
Model: XPS M 1530
Purchased From: Direct From Manufacturer
Date Purchased: 26 Sep 2008
Hi Lapcure,

At the outset I would like to thank you and congratulate you and your team on covering this Nvidia issue in depth and helping people facing this issue across the globe, Good work congrats again.

I am Vishwanath from India, I too am facing same issue with my Dell XPS M 1530, which was purchased during September 2008 in India. My LCD displays violet vertical lines on black background when i start my laptop without displaying any bios or OS start u[p screen, but actually the computer loads up the OS and i can hear the windows start up sound.

I have done the D + Power diagnostic check which passed confirming my LCD is fine and the problem is with underlying defective NVIDIA 8600 graphic card.

I have already registered a complaint with Dell India through Dell technical support center and awaiting the response from them, In complaint i have clearly told them this problem is because of inherent defective Nvidia graphics card.

I would like to get your help and guidance in further handling of this issue, and take up the issue with Dell India in a proper way. Because I think there are very few people in India taking up this issue with Dell with a formal complaint.

Also please let me know the people who are facing similar issues in India who you have come across so that I can communicate and collaborate with them in getting the issue resolved.

Working together will help things move faster so I need all your and other people's ( facing same problem ) help and advice.

Looking forward for your guidance as soon as possible.

Thank You
Vishwanath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Purchased From: High Street Store
Hello Vishwanath and welcome to my forum.

Thank you for your very kind words in your post, it is much appreciated.

Firstly, the good news is that your laptop has been acknowledged by Dell as being inherently defective so you should not have too much of a problem in proving that point.

I am not sure off hand which claimants are resident in India but if you search the forum I am sure you will find them.

Dell are 100% responsible for the premature failure of your laptop due to the inherent defect so the best advice that I can give you is to seek some free legal advice in your country to see what options are available to you.

I am more than conversant with the Sale Of Goods Act here in the UK but I am unsure of the laws in your country so I am unable to advise you in that regard.

The best advice I can give you is to be persistent and to stand your ground in this matter.

No doubt Dell will try and refute your claim, as they have done in other cases, but persistence on your part will ensure that you reach a positive resolution.

I am sorry that I cannot give you more precise help with regard to your claim, due mainly to my lack of knowledge of the laws in your country, but if you are resolute in your claim then you will succeed.

If you have any questions then please let me know.

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Good luck and best wishes

Paul
The Admin Team

Why you should not accept a repair
Links to evidence
What is the Nvidia Defect?
Step by step help to getting a refund
Do you need an engineers report?
=======================================================

If you like what you see on this forum and would like to help then please post links to this forum in other forums or blogs. The more people we can help the better.

Please note that I am not legally qualified and I only offer my own personal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice for formal clarification of advice I give.